Friday, April 10, 2009

Coffee is good for you!

OK, some of you would expect something very spiritual out of me this weekend. After all, Easter weekend is the pinnacle of our faith. And by posting this now, I am in no way making light of the awesomeness of the Easter holiday.

But, I've just found out some great news about my favorite morning beverage....coffee.

You might think that a missionary might be the most tolerant, able-to-drink-any-swill type of person. But Kenya changed coffee drinking for me. And here is my confession. I've returned from Africa as a coffee-snob. Sadly true. Kenya coffee beans are some of the best in the world, and when I came back here to the good old USA, I just couldn't get enthused about the old name brand coffee here.

Here's the great news. http://men.webmd.com/features/coffee-new-health-food?page=3

Coffee is good for you. Less chance of parkinsons, diabetes type II, cirrhosis. And it enhances athletic performance.

So in your face, coffee-maligners! I knew Coffee had to have an up side. Now, I've got a little medical proof.

So does that justify my addiction?

OK, I'm off my soapbox now. I need to go back to revising my next novel, "The Six Liter Club." (More on that later!)

Harry

4 Comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

LOL - That's funny; my missionary sister says Ecuador has the best coffee!

Glad to hear I can justify my mocha love. (I'm sure you drink it straight without the additives!) Because I've not only got proof from the internet, but from a doctor now!!

Story and Logic Media Group said...

You are up on the latest. I have switched from Diet Coke to coffee a couple of years ago.

lori shultz said...

Harry you are the man! I knew I liked you as you are a great writer. Now, I know you are a fellow fan of great coffee. You just keep getting better and better, and better......

Story and Logic Media Group said...

Yep. Going for one more cupa